Email me if you have Questions:

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

YOTSUYA: Okinawan Restaurant Wattoko... can food really be this boring?

I'm always a big fan of Okinawan food and given the chance I will try any spot in Tokyo...  I've seen this shop Wattoko on my walks around Yotsuya and decided to wander inside with my friend.

The automatic otoshi arrived (usually 300yen per person added to your bill)... one of the most boring dishes I've seen.

Some daily specials...

Started with a 390yen Asahi draft beer~.

Food menu but nothing really stood out....

... so we asked the super friendly Chinese waitress what she recommended and it was...

...Cruly Fries!  She was the sweetest waitress but who recommends Curly Fries at an Okinawan restaurant?  God help her...

Ordered some seasoned cabbage to start..

Okinawa standard dish Tofu-Champuru that was just so boring... the tiny bits of spam were so hard to find amid all the Tofu... this dish was 680yen but I could easily make it for around 100 yen at home.

Think the best thing we had all night was the liver-yakitori to the very right of this picture... 

Chef's recommended Taco Rice!  I'm a huge fan but this was waaaaay too spicy for the average diner...


Nice TV on the counter... don't really know why it was there. 

Closed the night with some sweet and smooth Hakkai-san.

Honestly... I don't know why I even bother to add this entry to the blog... perhaps its just to warn you that entering this restaurant will leave you extremely unsatisfied and wondering why you ever entered.  I won't be back and the 5,600yen we dropped into the register will surely be missed... But there was just one silver lining in this shop, the service was excellent.

Shop: Watoko Okinawan Restaurant
Address J: 東京都新宿区四谷1-7-18 アクトワールドビル2F
Address E: Tokyo, Shinjuku-ku, Yotsuya 1-7-18
MAP:

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment