Email me if you have Questions:

Thursday, October 6, 2011

ROPPONGI: FREY's Famous Pizzeria... and former Savoy Pizzeria Chef resurfaces!

There was a time when I was a lunch regular at Savoy Pizzeria in Azabu Juban not only because of the great pizzas but also due to one of the friendliest Pizza Chefs in Tokyo... Mr. Yamaguchi (as pictured in the video above).  One day he disappeared and its been about two years since I last saw him.  My frequency to Savoy came to a halt and Savoy pizzeria slowly left my lunch time wanderings...

...i randomly picked up Tokyo Calender featuring Pizzeria's around Tokyo and noticed a familiar face... yup, it was Mr. Yamaguchi... opened up his own shop in April 2011.  So this day I went for a visit!

In the shadows of Tokyo Midtown and steps from the posh Ritz Carlton Tokyo... located in a quiet back street just a min or two from Roppongi Crossing.

Yamaguchi-san greeted me with a familiar friendly smile as I stepped into Frey's.  Quick chit-chat to catch up to what he has been up to then it was time for one of his great Pizzas!

I looked at the menu... looked at Yamauchi-san... asked for the Osusume (recommended) and he responded "Marinara-Deshyo" (still remembers my preference of Pizza's).  Customer service for ya!

Lunch salad came out... crisp and fresh.

And so it arrives... Hint of garlic and something I don't normally see on Pizza's...

... a tiny Tomato.

There are 2 counter seats facing the Yamaguchi-san at work... the best view.


More pics of the great food here:

Tiny tomato's in the sauce...

No smoking... always a welcome sight for me :).

Counter seating... the restaurant was immaculate.  Very clean and comfortable.

And just a few tables for parties of 4.  More interior shots here: 

Closed my meal with an Espresso on the house... this shop values its customers.


Overall a great pizzeria and definitely a spot that I'll share with my friends... and with a highly ranked foodie website ranking of 3.76! Way to go Yamaguchi-san~.

Shop: FREY' Famous Pizzeria
Address J: 東京都港区六本木4-5-15
Address E: Tokyo, Minato-ku, Roppongi 4-5-15
MAP:

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment