Email me if you have Questions:

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

GINZA: Arossa... but I guess the winning streak had to end. Lunch was not a hit.

Arossa is simply one of the BEST 1,000yen lunch choices in posh Ginza with their ever changing daily lunch specials and perfect service... but this day we should have looked at the menu before venturing inside.  My reviews are always great http://tokyobelly.blogspot.jp/search?q=arossa but not this day.

Started off with their standard Mori-Mori salad...

Followed by their seafood and cabbage marinade seasoning... basically mushy salty mayo tuna with seasoned cabbage.  Unbelievably we both left this nearly untouched.

Chicken was juicy and sat on a nice bed of famous Arossa mashed potatoes... It didn't stand out as in my previous lunch adventures here but was simply ok.

Selected hot tea over the coffee.

And closed off with the familiar green tea granita ice.  Just as with Jeremy Lin and the New York Knicks even Arossa has a bad day.  This is still tops on my list of favorite Tokyo lunches so please please give it a try.  Go early because some days they sell out of the lunch.

For address details goto my previous Entries:


1 comment:

  1. Steve, nobody goes undefeated anymore anywhere. !=)#
    I do not know how I missed your weblog until a few days ago. I had ramen bloggers on my W-WW bookmark page [not linked because this is my first post on your weblog] who had not posted a new entry since 2014. You have been to a number of the same venues where I have been since I began visiting Japan in 2005. {You too got one of 'Master' Yuske Sato's cards from Dry Dock Shimbashi! - He and I are friends on Twitter.}
    When I discover a new weblog, my method is to go back to its start and step forward entry by entry. Therefore, this is the oldest one on which I can comment.
    I concentrate on ramen and craft beer venues when in Japan. At least as far as non-shopping hours go. I will give Arossa, the New Zealand restaurant in Ginza on the 8th floor of an edifice the shot at lunch the next time I am there, which I hope will be in 2020.

    ReplyDelete