Email me if you have Questions:

Saturday, May 26, 2012

KABUKICHO: Ramen Jiro... thin noodles lacked that great chewy texture of Jimbocho Jiro. (Elon Musk Visited Here!)

I've always had my eye on this Ramen Jiro in Kabukicho but in the back alleys surrounded by host clubs, love hotels and suspicious folks its really not a spot I'd go out of my way to check out...

But I was in the area catching up with friends so thought I'd give it a try before catching the last train home.  Just line up at the entrance and pick you ramen... standard starts at 700yen

All counter seating.

Went for the 800yen Charsiu ramen


Lots of free toppings!  I ordered the garlic topping and regretted it the next day... fresh garlic lingers waaaay too long.


And there it is!  Not the monster of a ramen like Jimbocho Ramen Jiro...

Noodles were on the thin side... prefer chunky noodles with great texture myself.

Overall it was worth it to check out one time but I don't think I'll ever be back.  Has a respectable foodie ranking of 3.5pts. http://r.tabelog.com/tokyo/A1304/A130401/13019616/

Tesla's Elon Musk went to this Jiro!

Shop: Ramen Jiro Kabukicho Branch
Address J: 東京都新宿区歌舞伎町1-19-3
Address E: Tokyo, Shinjuku-ku, Kabukicho 1-19-3
MAP:

View Larger Map

1 comment:

  1. Is there an entry charge to this Jiro? !=O#
    It seems everywhere else in Golden Gai has one...
    Steve, the camera I am again using is a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3. I think you have misspelled "Lumix" in your camera roster.

    ReplyDelete