Email me if you have Questions:

Thursday, February 28, 2013

NERIMA: Thai lunch at Hyotan... Sawadee-blah blah boring...

I've always been curious about this tiny Thai spot with a small counter space and a tiny back area with mini tables. 

Everything on the lunch menu is 600yen.

Owner gets a special deal on this specific Thai sake... 2,500yen big bottles.

... and 1,380yen small bottles (normally 1,800yen).



And so my 600yen Krapao Gai arrives... hmm... um... hmm...

Didn't quite look like whats pictured in the mneu.

Lettuce soup with a cube of Tofu.

Hmm... only see a few shards of red pepper.

After a few bites I was hella bored and just couldn't understand why this basic dish wasn't simply delicious... the meat was extremely minced with no texture, seasoning bland, no spicy kick and well it just kinda sucked.  I much prefer Naflan in Nogata.  Oh, the Chef was a middle aged Thai woman with no smiles.

Rice used was normal Japanese instead of Thai Jasmine Rice...

The side dessert contained corn?  For real? I've never had it this way before.

During my meal the owner started to chat with me about where I was from etc... He's been in business for 3 years and many of his customers are with TV & Publishing so he's been featured in both.  I can only assume the great foodie ranking of 3.53pts is due to the evening beer drinking crowd because luck really Sawadee-sucked.   I just regret putting on calories for boring food... Hasta La Sawadee Hyotan!

Shop: Hyotan Thai Restaurant
Address J: 東京都練馬区豊玉北5-22-15
Address E: Tokyo, Nerima-ku, Toyotama-Kita 5-22-15
MAP:

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment