Email me if you have Questions:

Thursday, April 11, 2013

EKODA: Jeju (Cheju) Korean for some great Sundubu! Am I in Akasaka?

I'm here for only one reason... I don't need a menu.  One order of 600yen Sundubu Chige Please!!

Interior was cozy with counter seating for 4-5 people.  


Several different kinds of Chige for 700yen...

Side dish of seasoned bean sprouts arrived... crunchy and fresh!

Mini salad was super fresh too~.  Great to visit a shop with a female owner chef.


When the boiling bubbles settled down the soup level fell nearly 1/3rd!  Oh my... initial impression wasn't so great.

But as I mixed in the freshly cracked egg and began to taste the Chige it had a deep incredibly tasty flavor.  Its like I was back in Akasaka enjoying a dish from Chon.Jin.Dong... minus the great side dishes and volume.


Never spotted a large container of Ginseng before... authentic authentic.


Overall I was unexpectedly surprised to how great the Tofu Sundubu was at Jeju.  I'll definitely be back again for my Korean lunch cravings!

Shop: Jeju Korean Restaurant
Address J: 東京都練馬区旭丘1-67-7
Address E: Tokyo, Nerima-ku, AsahiGaoka 1-67-7
MAP:

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment