Email me if you have Questions:

Thursday, August 1, 2013

IKEBUKURO: Shanti Indian Curry... relaxing interior and super friendly/polite staff.

Groupon is your friend... scored a few 890yen lunch tickets for 440yen and it was time to check out Shanti in Ikebukuro. http://www.groupon.jp/cid/71735?recom=NO



Dragon Fruits sherbet ice cream... nice! Never seen this before.


Went with the Mild Shrimp and Spinach Chicken curry with Nan~.


A few tiny shrimps in my curry.  This was a bit more soupy than I had hoped.  Nothing special but it hit the spot.

Spinach Chicken Curry had a nice spice to it. There was one lump of chicken inside.

Ginger-ale lunch set drink

The back of the restaurant: 3 seats for single patrons, a table for 4 and behind me was the main long hall with  seats along the wall.  Pics here: http://tabelog.com/tokyo/A1305/A130501/13121645/dtlphotolst/3/

GP = Groupon?  The manager/boss had great handwriting.  Was friendly from the beginning to the very end and took my Groupon ticket with a smile.

Musiq Soulchild and Esperanza Spalding on the BGM


Nearly all of the customers here were OL's (Office Ladies) so its a good sign.  Next time I'll have to try the basmati rice!  Thanks Groupon~. 

I'm a huge fan of Pentax after buying my very first Pentax K-m (K2000) DLSR years ago... since then I've added the K-x, K01 and K-30.  Went to check out the brand new K-50 but its just too smooth and a bit boring vs my K-30.  Oh, for this blog entry I used my Panasonic Lumix LX5. :)

Restaurant: Shanti East Ikebukuro Branch
Address J: 東京都豊島区東池袋1-35-11 スタックスビル
Address E: Tokyo, Toshima-ku, Higashi Ikebukuro 1-35-11
MAP:

View Larger Map
シャンティ, 東池袋店, 池袋, インド料理, インドカレー, Nan, Indian, Japan, Japanese, Foodie, Blog, India,

No comments:

Post a Comment