Email me if you have Questions:

Sunday, October 13, 2013

NARIMASU: New Hope Church for.... home cooked Chili Rice!


I was raised as a Roman Catholic going to church and Sunday school on the weekends until I entered university then slowly drifted away from the Church scene... but something overcame me this Sunday morning and decided to give my New Hope church going friend from Hawaii a call.  It had been 3 years since my last visit and he was noticeably shocked but also glad I decided to go on this day.

Little did I know they serve food on the 2nd and 4th Sundays... this day it was Home Made Chili Beans for only 200yen (adults) and 100yen (kids)... what a deal in a land where its so rare to find Chili.


Just toss your money into the bucket...

Friendly volunteers helping on the Chili line.





200 yen for all this... and it just had a great home made taste to it.

The main pastor in the center with myself and David (my classmate during my MBA in Hawaii and also worked with him for a few years at a Japan only equities Hedgefund)


There's also an English/Japanese international pre-school here too.

If you need a little Aloha (New Hope Ministry is headquartered in Hawaii) and enjoy mingling with fully bilingual super friendly Japanese/Foreigners with a variety of backgrounds then this might be an interesting spot to attend service.  As a foodie I'll probably start attending the 2nd and 4th service of the month for some great home cooked meals.   

Restaurant: New Hope Narimasu
New Hope Hawaii: http://www.enewhope.org/
Address J: 東京都板橋区成増5-1-2
Address E: Tokyo, Itabashi-ku, Narimasu 5-1-2
MAP:

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment