Email me if you have Questions:

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

EKODA: Osomeh Tonkatsu for the special of the day~... a bit salty skinny porky but super friendly

Walked by this tiny little Tonkatsu spot... couldn't see inside and I'm positive very few foreigners have ventured into this residential neighborhood spot... was abit worried about what kind of reaction I'd get so walk on by.


But just couldn't resist the 650yen Service Time "Tonkatsu Teishoku" special.


Greeted with a very friendly smile from the waitress and hot tea.

My view at the counter... 4 goldfish.




The interior was such a cozy old skool Japan... little metal sink to wash your hands.

It was actually quite alot of food...

Loved the heavy flavored miso soup... yum. Almost tasted like Tonjiru.

Sweet daikon pickle, white salty daikon and the seasoned carrot tasted a bit stinky.

The Tonkatsu was as thin as my chopsticks and a bit salty... I guess the chef likes to keep things extremely flavorful. 

And as I finished up the kind waitress gave me a little chocolate ice cream Pino.  Its a nice little spot and the chef was all blinged out with lots of gold.  I might be back someday soon as I've become a regular at Hine Bakery around the corner.

Restaurant: Osome Tonkatsu
Address J: 東京都練馬区栄町21-17
Address E: Tokyo, Nerima-ku, Sakaecho 21-17
MAP:

View Larger Map
おそめ, とんかつ, かつ丼, かつ重, トンカツ, 江古田, 新桜台, 東京, Japanese, Japan, Tokyo, foodie, tokyobelly, porkchops, tonkatsu, lunch, cheap,

No comments:

Post a Comment