Email me if you have Questions:

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

GAIENMAE: 5-Chome Sen Kiiro... highly ranked but highly disappointed... I got the rubbery fish!

On a business dinner to this very highly ranked Japanese restaurant... Lots of baked fish special plus a Menchi-Katsu lunch set.

I went for what I thought was a very juicy white meat fish that I thought was Kinmedai (red scaled fish - Golden Eyed Snapper).  Think my 

But after looking at it nope... no red fish here.  I dug my chopsticks into the fish and that bad boy was like a piece of rubber! It wasn't tender... swear I could have bounced this against the wall and it would rebound right back into my plate.  Dry, rubbery, flavorless...definitely not chopstick material but you need real knife and fork to successfully eat this. 

The 1,200yen lunch set came wit a few slices of fresh sashimi.  But hidden below the top slice there was a dark blood red piece... ewwww... It just tasted of dried blood.  

We were lucky to land this private booth.


I think the fish I ordered wasn't the most popular this day.  Most people were ordering the melty Saba fish... so if I ever return I guess I'll try that.  Until then I saw farewell to you rubbery fish!

Restaurant: Go-Chome Sen Kiiro
Restaurant Website: http://www.5chome-sen-kiiro.com/
Address J: 東京都港区北青山3-2-5 NH青山ビル B1F
Address E: Tokyo, Minato-ku, Kita-Aoyama 3-2-5
MAP: https://goo.gl/maps/NFoSK

五丁目 千 きいろ, 外苑前, Japan, Japanese, Tokyo, foodie, canon s120, fish, lunch, foodie, tokyobelly, omotesando,

No comments:

Post a Comment